Dr. A. Lynne Beal, M.S.C., Psychologist in Private Practice in Toronto
Dr. Beal's experience is in private practice and as a Chief and Supervising Psychologist with the Toronto District School Board and its legacy school boards.
- Registered Psychologist in Ontario
- Canadian Register of Health Care Providers in Psychology
- Certificate of Professional Qualifications in Psychology, Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards
Dr. Beal has published professional articles on learning disabilities, gifted children, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Project Leader for:
- The ABCs of Mental Health, an on-line resource for parents and eachers on children’s mental health developed for the Hincks-Dellcrest Centre / Hospital for Sick Children
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children – III, Canadian norms development
- Meritorious Service Cross, Governor General of Canada, 2018 for research and service to veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder;
- Commendation Award, Ministry of Veteran’s Affairs, 2002, for research and advocacy on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder which led to changes in the Canada Pension Act;
- Award of Merit, Ontario Psychological Association Section on Psychology in Education, 1997, for contributions to psychology in education;
- Ontario Sailing’s President’s Award for international contributions to sailing, 2012.
- Syl Apps Special Achievement Award, 2007, for a distinguished contribution to the field of Amateur Sport as an International Judge in sailing;
- Scroll of the International Sailing Federation, 1996, for work at the Olympic Games;
Affiliations and contributions:
- Ontario Psychological Association and Section on Psychologists in Education;
- National Association of School Psychologists since 2006;
- Canadian Psychological Association;
- Ontario Minister of Education’s Advisory Council on Special Education, 2002 to 2008.
- Association of Chief Psychologists with Ontario School Boards1990 to 2010; President from 1992 to 1994;